A big plus for residential buildings
Ventilated facades in Romania aren’t a novelty, but they are mostly used for public buildings (offices, commercial centers, administrative buildings, etc.). In the housing area however, they are a major advantage in relation to the classical thermal system. First of all, we must understand what ventilated facade means – it represents a construction element made of multiple layers applied to a certain distance from the wall. It has in its composition a wooden or metallic structure which is fixed on the exterior walls, over which the insulation layer is placed (basalt wool), followed by windproof foil and cladding material (HPL) which covers the entire building. Between HPL cladding and thermal material a free space called ventilation slot is left. It represents the main element of a ventilated facade.
Advantages are many:
- There is a natural ventilation of the exterior walls that doesn’t allow the formation of condensation,the appearance of mold and other bacteria that grow in case of moisture is prevented because a well-insulated area is formed. It ensures the sustainable operation of insulation and a pleasant and healthy indoor climate.
- Given that air is the best insulator, the ventilated facade has the great advantage of keeping the interior temperature constant no matter the season through reduced heat transferwhich also leads to an increased energy efficiency.
- The ventilated facade ensures sound protectiondue to the fact that sound waves are reflected by HPL.
- HPL – high pressure laminated panel – is a material that ensures an extremely efficient protection against climatic factors. It is a waterproof material, which provides increased protection against rain and bad weather, is resistant to frost and high temperatures, to light and bending, and also to scratches. It is an environmentally friendly material, thatdoesn’t contain halogen compounds, asbestos, sulfur, mercury and cadmium.
- Last but not least, from an aesthetic point of view ventilated facade always represents and advantage when the final plywood is qualitative. HPL offers a wide range of options, is very easy to install, and the building keeps a new look for a long time.
Arh. Oana Poloni
The ventilated facade brings a number of benefits, as we could see from the above article actively contributing to increasing the residents’ quality of life. This is why all h4l neighborhoods will have buildings with a ventilated facade, this material has very good vapor permeability. Whatever the height regime, from the buildings Gf+13 to those with a low regime, even in the case of houses with a garden and TOWNHOUSE in the h4l THE VILLAGE complex, which have a low height regime, Gf+1, the facade will be of the ventilated facade type, and thus your house “breathes”.
In addition to supporting low environmental impact, the ventilated facade is one of the key elements of h4l’s recipe for a high neighborhood quality of life. At h4l we created a series of 36 points, distributed in 3 categories: enliven life, more green and efficiency, innovation, transparency. We are guided by them every time we build a neighborhood that brings joy int life, they are the creed that helps us build apartments with terrace and houses with garden aimed at the middle class (having an affordable price), aimed at making life more beautiful, better for every tenant. We laid the groundwork for this approach after 20 years of experience in real estate, building a team focused on fostering happiness at home by cultivating its sources – bring joy into life. You can read in detail in the dedicated page – The h4l quality standard.